Sunday, September 21, 2014

Honest




I've had this idea creep inside my brain and I can't seem to scare it away so here I am typing it out.

The idea is- what if we were all completely one hundred percent honest with each other from the day we could talk? 

Johnny from second grade would know that you had a fat crush on him. Stacey would know that you absolutely hated her guts for stealing Johnny's heart. 

Here I am with all these feelings and thoughts I've had about people and I wonder what would've happened if they would've known. What if a tragic accident struck and I no longer had the ability to tell them all the great things I loved about them? I can't do that. Why should I? So here I am Sunday Evening being 100% honest with you. 


I wish I would've told Brayden that I thought he was the coolest kid on the block. I wish he could've known that.

I wish my mom would know that I love her so much, but I need some time on my own sometimes. I never meant to hurt you.

I wish Hannah knew how beautiful she is and is becoming. 

I wish Jaylee knew how compassionate and understanding she is. Her light shines out of her face like the sun. Has since I met her in the sixth grade.

I wish Connor knew how rare our friendship is. I've been searching for something like it, but I haven't even gotten close. Can't wait to see you.

I wish Mikey knew how sweet he is for a twelve year old boy.

I wish Ella could know how funny and spunky she is. And how everytime I loook at her I see a mini me.

I wish Caroline could know how much I love our cousiness. You bring out the crazy in me. Thank you for that.

I wish Austi could know how much I look up to her as an older sisterly figure. I can't wait to read your book. I know you're going places. Keep on dreaming because you can do it:)

I wish Sydnee knew that life will get better. I wish she knew how much I wish her well. I'm so happy for the chance I met you in Idaho. You make me wish I took drama in high school. 

I wish my dad knew  how much I appreciated the time he would spend out in the backyard with us kids.

I wish Megann knew how awkwardly awesome our relationship is. Can't believe you're coming home so soon. I can't wait to hear from you in real life. 

I wish Martha knew how amazing she is. She is a miracle worker and I don't think she has a clue of how big of an impact she has. A great influence at that.

I wish Scotty knew how much I love him and how looking at your picture brings me joy because you're adorable, but also sadness because I miss you so much.

I wish Tyler would know how great of a missionary he is. I love reading your letters. Jersey is lucky to have you.

So there are some of my honest secrets that are not so secret anymore. I can't risk another day without telling the people  I love most what I love about them. Why should I? Why should you? People need to hear they are loved. They also need to hear why. 

How crazy it is to know everyone around us have all these things to say, but we all hold back. Because we're afraid, or it's weird, or what if they don't feel the same way. But what if they do? What if they need to hear that. They need to know there's someone out there who appreciates them. What if we told everyone we ever knew we had a crush on them. And even if the feelings weren't mutual they'd take it as a compliment to be liked as the person they are. Life would be so different. All I wish is that you don't keep all your feelings bunched up for too long cause one day you'll explode with feelings and you'll be sitting around a campfire with thirteen cats wondering why life is the way that it is. 

Tell someone why you love them today.

Always,  

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment